Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Search Your Photo Archives for Fresh Ideas


The Frank Gehry inspired Dancing House in Prague, Czech Republic

All photographers have moments when they are searching for creativity, but nothing seems to surface.  Occasionally that happens to me.  When that happens I like to go back to my archives and recreate something from one of my old photos.  Photos that at one time didn't seem to have any purpose can be reborn. Software and ways to use the various programs are upgraded and developers find new ways to reinvent those programs. I just reinvented the picture from when I first took it in 2006.  Hell, do you even remember a technique called  HDR (High Dynamic Range)..or for that matter Adobe Lightroom?  Actually, I just checked Wikipedia and accordingly Lightroom was released in Beta in 2006. here is how my original photo looked when I shot it with my Nikon D200 with a 12-24mm Nikon f4.0 lens...


I removed the power lines and the red car in the left corner of the photo with the Clone Stamp tool in Photoshop to get the final image at the top.  I made a selection of the sky and replaced it with a blue background.  Additionally, I posterized the photo in Photoshop.  Granted, the final image is a bit cartoonish, but I like it...and at least for the moment it re-inspired my photography.

So, what do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment