Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Florida West Coast Sunrise


Photographing sunrises and sunsets is mostly the luck of the draw.  The important thing is to be in the right place at the right time.  I primarily shoot sunrises since I can coordinate my daily morning walks with the rising sun.  To get the sun rising over the water on Florida's West Coast I take my shots as the sun rises over Tampa Bay. Most of my sunrise photos are taken not with my big heavy DSLR, but rather with a compact camera or in the following case...an iPhone.


You will also notice that I always have something in the foreground on my sunrise shots...a tree, a boulder or another complimentary object.  The sun by itself is seldom interesting. It is fun to tinker with sunrise photos. Sunrises offer a good opportunity to use enhancement software like Nik (Google) Color Efex Pro, On One's Perfect photo or the iPhone app Snapseed.  The above photo is the original untouched photo.  The following 2 pictures are enhancements of this same photo. 



Have fun.  Get some exercise and get your sunrise photos.  Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment