Monday, March 10, 2014

Civil War Reenactment Photos-Williston, Florida


I enjoy photographing Civil War reenactors as well as the post processing that goes along with the activity.  I think that unique black and white treatments really add a sense of period and place to these events.  These photos were taken at The Nature Coast Civil War Reenactment that took place in March at The Kirby Family Farm in Williston, Florida.  I thought that I would share a few of the original color photos as well as my post processed black & white images.



These partners get my vote for the best dressed couples at the event.



These images were processed in both Nik (Google) Silver Efex Pro 2 and in On One Software's Perfect B&W 8.  I found both systems equally useful.  I have now built presets for both Black and White programs.



All photos were taken with my Olympus OMD-EM5 with the 17mm 1.8 lens and the Olympus 40-150mm lens. This was the first time that I used the 40-150mm for the battleground scenes.  I was generally pleased with this lens.  The sun light was quite bright so I didn't feel like I had a lot of control with the auto-focus, but when I reviewed them I was not unhappy.    Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment