Saturday, March 15, 2014

Shooting Under Difficult Conditions



On Friday Lynn and I visited with friends in Sarasota .  Our adventure in addition to having a couple of great meals was to spend a few hours at the Big Cat Habitat.  The shelter houses a number of large cats in addition to some large bears, turtles, primates and common petting zoo animals.  Shooting through the double screen enclosures on the cages is near impossible. There is a daily show featuring lions, apes and dogs at Big Cat Habitat and I did labor to take a few photos through the heavy fencing.


I took along my new Olympus 45mm 1.8 lens (90mm 35mm equivalent) and shot all of these photos with that lens on my Olympus OMD-EM5.  Exposure, Manual, ISO 1600, 45mm, Aperture f1.8, 1/500 sec.


In this photo my focus was on the eye of the tiger.  I was amazed at the minor bokeh of the crowd that I got with this lens...in spite of the fact that I was approximately 30 feet away...again shooting through heavy fencing.  Incidentally, the only thing that I did to this photo was crop and add the vignette.


The only modification to this photo was the cropping.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment