Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Photography While Cruising Russia's Volga River


With the Winter Olympics coming up this year in Sochi Russia I thought that it might be appropriate to display a few of my photos from our river cruise on the Volga River in 2010.  This photo is of the 1000 year old city of Yaroslavl.  I like the hauntingly elegant buildings in the communities that you see along the river.


This wooden Russian Orthodox church is one of many, restored and still active on Kizhi Island.  These buildings are huge.  I used Lightroom's Lens Correction tool to attempt to get the building straight in my photo.


This was a bridge over a canal in Moscow.  I had a real bad lens flare in the upper left hand side of the bridge.  Hence, I converted this to black and white in Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.  Also I blurred the side of the bridge in order to draw the viewer into the buildings and boat on the canal.


This photo certainly has to be my all time favorite from our Russian trip.  We attended a Cossack show in St. Petersburg before embarking on our cruise.  I love the color red in the photo as well as the impact created by this entertainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment