Monday, September 2, 2013

I hope that your labor Day is Photogenic!

Happy Labor Day!  I am adding a couple of photos to my recent post about our recent adventure in the Texas Hill Country.  One of the biggest thrills about traveling is getting home and reviewing the pictures.  Sometimes you realize that you might have had more fun than you remembered.


I took this photo in the Cave with No Name near Boerne, Texas...a Natural Historic Landmark.  The cave was first entered in 1935 and has been an attraction since 1939.  I find that caves are very difficult to photograph.  Usually, the stalactites and stalagmites show on the monitor as dull pieces of rock with very little vibrance. I like this particular shot due to the water in the foreground.  I spent a lot of time with this image and finished it in Nik Color Efex Pro.  When I was done I saved my work as a preset for the next time that I have a challenge in a cave.  This photo was taken with my Olympus OMD-EM5 with the Olympus 12-50mm lens.  I used the Olympus FL600 Flash as well.


Near the end of our time in the Hill Country we toured all of the famous missions in San Antonio with the exception of The Alamo which we had done before.  Four missions are operated by the National Parks Service including this one, Mission Concepcion.  The church was founded in 1716.  I think that the black and white treatment gives this historic place authenticity.  This image was made with the same Olympus equipment as above sans flash and finished in Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.

More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment