Friday, August 9, 2013

Photo Shoot at Peace Presbyterian in Clearwater

On Wednesday I participated in a photo shoot with 5 friends at the historic (1921) Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church in Clearwater, Florida.


I decided to use my recently purchased Rokinon 8mm Fisheye lens on my Nikon D7000 camera.  The Rokinon Fisheye was reasonable.  I had always wanted to try some fisheye shots. I love the effect.  And, since I knew that a fisheye would be a lens that I would only use occasionally for opportunities like this I bought this lens.  The Nikon Fisheye is much more expensive.  I am thrilled with the results.


It is nice to be able to show everything in a photo from the beautiful wood floors on the alter to the open wood ceilings.



Peace Presbyterian church also offers some exquisite stained glass windows.  I  brought along my Olympus OM-D E5 Micro 4/3 camera for these photos.  I attached the 12-50mm lens and put into Macro mode for the following.



Interestingly, these last two panels reminded me so much of the wonderful art that we had seen in the Metro in Moscow, Russia a few years ago.  In the Metro artists had shown art featuring service workers and their contributions to the country.  More later...




No comments:

Post a Comment