Monday, February 11, 2013

A great day with the family in the Rockies

We woke up to a snowy morning yesterday in Breckenridge.  I was excited that my daughter, Heather and granddaughter Savannah were planning to drive up to spend a day in the snow. Snow was good on the mountain. We spent most of our time on Peak 7. I like that part of the mountain for it's great cruising runs over natural terrains. It reminds me of playing golf  on a Scottish links course. Heather likes it because snowboarders need the steeps to be happy. We spent about 3 hours on the mountain and enjoyed lunch at the restaurant at Peak 8. We love the chili on the mountain, but we were surprised that they were sold out so I had a chicken pot pie...very good.  Heather had clam chowder and we shared a huge wedge salad.  Hopefully, Savannah will take snowboarding lessons next year.

Dinner last night at Michaels. Lynn & I love their White Lasagna (seafood). Long wait...over an hour on a Sunday night!  Looks like everyone from Denver was here for the great new snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment