Saturday, May 21, 2016

A daily walk offers photographic payoffs!

One of my projects when I retired was to start every day with a brisk 4 mile walk.  I do the same walk daily, walking through my neighborhood and along sidewalks through some beautiful preserves as well as through a county park that is nearby.  Some of my greatest photo opportunities are during my walk.  For instance during the last week I spotted this mouse on the way home from my walk, but by the time that I was able to retrieve my camera from its holster the animal would skitter off into the brush. It became a game to get it's portrait.  This morning I decided to reverse my walk and try to get this critters' photo at the beginning of my walk.  Victory!  The mouse gave me about 30 seconds of its life for a portrait shoot.

The Yellow Crowned Night Herons have returned to the Park.  I have counted at least 5 pairs recently. I look forward to getting some interesting photos of them during the next few weeks. I know many folks prefer to get their photos with their iPhones, but I really like getting higher resolution photos that I can work with at home.  Both of these photos were taken with my Olympus OMD-EM5ii and an Olympus 40-150mm lens.  The camera is a light Micro 4/3 camera that is easy to carry on my waist in a Think Tank holster.  So, get out there.  Get some exercise  Get some photos. It's amazing how much is available to you virtually in your own backyard!



No comments:

Post a Comment