Saturday, May 3, 2014

It's a great time for bird photography!

Tri-color Heron with egg.

This is the best time in Florida to take photos of birds on the nest, eggs and chicks.
Great Blue Heron with Tilapia.

This is my favorite image in a series of many bird photos. My interest was in getting the eye of the Heron and the the eye of the Tilapia in focus.  I was thrilled when I previewed this photo and noticed  that I got the bonus of the water dripping off of the nose of the fish.

Great Blue Heron chick.

It was tough getting a good photo of the chicks since they were nearly hidden in the nest and in deep shadows.  I like this photo with just the profile of the mother bird hovering over the baby.

Cormorant chicks.

It is hard to believe that one day these Cormorant chicks will be coal black one day. All of these shots were taken at Gatorland, near Orlando, Florida. 


No comments:

Post a Comment