Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Black & Yellow Crowned Night Herons.

It has been a wet month here on the west coast of Florida.  As a matter of fact it is thundering and threatening at this very moment.  With all of the standing water in the Park I am seeing birds in places that I have never seen them before.  This week on a couple of occasions I spotted a pair of Black Crowned Night Herons.  I have never seen them there before.


Black Crowned Night Heron

Interestingly I always have seen Yellow Crowned Night Heron in the Park.  But, since the rain they have disappeared.  Do you think that the Yellow Crowned Night Herons and The Black Crowned Night Herons are having a turf war?  I guess only time will tell.


Yellow Crowned Night Heron

On my walks through the Park I always carry my Canon G1x camera.  This camera only zooms to 105mm making it really difficult to get sharp bird shots.I definitely don't want to get so near  that I stress the bird out. However, my shooting with this camera generally results in noisy unusable images. I feel pretty good about the shots above.   I am making some comparisons for a replacement for this camera with a longer zoom and better Macro capabilities.  

-More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment