Sunday, June 30, 2013

Quiver Trees and Impalas - Namibia

This is the ghostly Namibian desert in southeast Africa. During our 3 week driving trip in Namibia in 2011 we drove as much as 300 kilometers at a time through landscape just like this...gravel road, few or no other automobiles.  My interest in this photo was to feature the threatened Quiver trees in the foreground.  I accomplished this with the new Radial Filter in Lightroom 5.  I will be interested in your thoughts.







This is one of my favorite photos from my 2011 trip to Namibia.  A pair of Impalas are sparring in the wilderness in Etosha National Park. It is always fun to go back and take another look at photos that you have taken earlier to see if you can give them a new treatment.   This was the first time that I have converted this photo to monochrome.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment