Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Computer Repair Day

Today was spent working on my short list of computing problems that needed to be fixed.  I got a call a couple of days ago from a friend that was searching for my website, Crazy'AboutTravel.com I searched.  He was right...where was my site?  After attempting to fix the Domain Forwarding on my own to no avail I called the domain registy provider...then my site provider.  It seems that my Place Server names with my site provider had changed.  After another attempt and expert help from my domain provider,  Dotster I was back in business!

I also had a problem with messages being sent from my Outlook e-mail software.  This was a problem that just occurred for the first time after Feb. 22.  I have been using Windows 8 for about 6 months, but this was the first problem like this that I have experienced.  I had called my DSL provider, Verizon, a few weeks ago.  Frustrated, they threw me to the wolves telling my that Outlook using Windows 8  had not yet become compatible with Verizon.  After about a week not being able to send messages in the Outlook software I decided to call Verizon again.  This time I got a friendly lady someplace overseas who fixed my problem in a matter of minutes! Hooray!

I decided to celebrate my conquests by spending a little while sorting out some macro shots that I took with my photography friends at the house a few days ago.  Here are a couple of my favorites that I shot in a Smith Victor Light Tent.  Nikon D7000, Nikon 105mm Macro lens.  Enjoy..






More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment