Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Walking in the dark.

I had an interesting experience this morning.  I got up early for my daily 4 mile walk.  I shaved and got cleaned up, took the dog for a walk and got Lynn's coffee ready for when she gets up in a few hours.  I downloaded all of the photography apps that I listen to when I walk. I let Lynn know that I was heading out.  As I left the house I looked at the clock for the cable tv...and realized that the time was 6:00 AM...not the 7:00 AM when I normally leave.  So, here I am more than 19 hours later trying to get this blog together before you wake up this morning!

Walking through the park at 6:00 AM is a little bit creepy.  The park doesn't open until 7 AM, but the walking gates are open at each end of the park earlier.  But, walking at this time in the morning does have its advantages since some of the most beautiful sunrises happen before sunrise.  The sky goes from pink to red and it really sets off the darkness of the trees.  You can see the lights marking the sides of the causeway to Tampa.  It is really a pretty scene.



I returned home to see this beautiful male cardinal in our Crepe Myrtle tree behind the house.  What a great start to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment