Sunday, December 22, 2013

Birds at Venice Rookery


On Thursday I ventured to the Venice Rookery with a friend to get a first look at the bird photography opportunities.   Surprisingly some chicks had already hatched.  In addition to the babies I particularly enjoyed taking this photo of an anhinga with a catfish.


Great blue heron with chicks.  Unfortunately there are a lot of dead branches on the island at the Venice Rookery (Florida) that make getting a clean shot really difficult.  My friend and I think that the Audobon Society needs to do a bit of pruning. 


This is my first time shooting at the Rookery in the afternoon.  There still were plenty of photographers there. All of these images were shot with my Nikon D300, the Nikon 200-400mm f4.0 lens and a 1.7X teleconverter.

No comments:

Post a Comment